Monday, October 25, 2004

Education: Diploma in Computer Science

This coming November 2004 is the start of the 2nd Semester of SY 2004-2005.

I am reenrolling for my remaining three more subjects before graduating on
Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Computer Science at the University of the
Philippines - Open University.

I am a graduate of BS Electronics & Communications Engineering at the
University of San Carlos, Cebu City (1995 - 2000) and last June 2002, I decided
to take up the course at UP while at the same time working professionally.

Its a two year course, and up to the present all I can say is that it really is a
worthwhile course to take for a working professional on software development/
programming/IT field. The modules are developed by UP professors and it really
contains quality instruction.

To date, I have already completed 9 subjects and there are three more left:
Management Information Systems, Object Oriented Analysis & Design
and Software Engineering. The past courses I have taken are interesting and
challenging.

These subjects may be academic if viewed by an experienced software developer
but I am looking forward to add flavor on it by possibly implementing an interesting
and useful project, learn deeper on the .NET Class Framework in relation to the
OO &D subject, and practical approaches to software engineering like XP.